The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
- Your name
- Your year of birth (collection of this information is strictly to prevent the marketing and/or sale of alcohol to individuals under 18 years of age)
- Your contact details, including your nominated email address, telephone number, street (delivery) address and delivery details specific to the delivery of goods ordered from us and delivered to you
- Your demographic information, such as post-code
- Details of products and services we have provided to you, and/or any of our events you may have previously attended
- Your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour
- Credit card details for processing of orders at live events where no credit card facilities are available (these are not stored in electronic form under any circumstances, nor kept in hard copy after the transaction has been successfully processed)
How we collect your personal information
These are the ways we collect information about you:
- When you sign up to our newsletter via this Site or by any other means through which your consent has been sought or is reasonably implied
- When you purchase event tickets, wine for delivery or any other product or service via our Site or by email
- When you complete a form to purchase wine at our tasting events
- When you browse our website (the Site may automatically collect information about your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour).
How we use your personal information
We will only ever collect, hold and use personal information about you in order to provide you with relevant information and updates relating to our business (on the basis that you have consented and are happy to receive this information), and to fulfil our retail and event services to you, specifically:
- To communicate with you about upcoming events, special offers and any other relevant information about our business we believe will interest you via email
- To facilitate the delivery of products or tickets to you, and to keep you updated of any delays or issues in the fulfilment of our products and/or services
- To enable you to access and use our Site and associated social media platforms
- For the purposes of managing our Site and to understand how we can improve our services to you
- To comply with our legal obligations
The following is what we do NOT do with your information:
- Sell your details to any third party or seek to profit in any way from the provision of your personal information
- Share or provide your details to any third party, except as necessary for the fulfilment of our services to you as detailed below
- Identify users or individual browsing activity on our Site except if compelled to by law
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
Disclosure of your information will only be for the specific reason for which it was provided, or for a related secondary purpose under reasonable circumstances. As such we may disclose personal information to:
- Third party logistics providers for the purpose of fulfilling and/or delivering your order
- Our suppliers on the rare occasion that products are supplied directly from them to you
- Third party service providers for the necessary to the successful operation of our business, including IT service providers, web-hosting and data storage providers, payment systems operators and marketing services
- Our employees, contractors and/or related entities
- Credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you, or to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Opting out: Our email marketing service provider provides a clear and simple method for opting out of our email database in every communication. If for any reason you are unable to access the link to opt out of our communications you can do so by contacting us directly at email@example.com.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Access: You may contact us at any time to request access to a record of the personal information held about you.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Cookies and web beacons
We may use web beacons on our Site from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
Links to other websites
For any questions or notices, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Winilba Projects Pty Ltd t/a Davis & White Wine Merchant, ABN 51 127 904 537. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last update: 18th March 2020